The trial of Geert Wilders on five charges of discrimination and inciting hatred, which could result in a hefty fine or jail time if he is found guilty, resumed today in a court in Amsterdam.
The Prosecution and Defense both agree that the trial should start over, albeit for different reasons.
From the beginning, the plaintiffs were not pleased that the Dutch prosecutors felt the criminal case against Geert Wilders should not proceed. Remarkably, the Court of Appeal chose to ignore the recommendations of the prosecutors and proceed with the trial.
The trial was suspended in October 2010 as it was determined that the Chief Judge had acted in a manner which could be prejudicial. Subsequently, another instance of interference surfaced. In response to this turn of events, yet another Judge inappropriately made public comments about the suspension of the trial.
The zeal and determination with which the court is pursuing Geert Wilders even in the face of so many opportunities to put a halt to this farce, bespeaks the application of a kind of law that is foreign to western principles of justice. We should all be alarmed that Shariah law appears to have taken hold in our courtrooms and in the social fabric of western nations against the wishes and unbeknownst to the majority of citizens.
It is imperative that the citizens of free nations fully understand the implications of the actions of unelected officials in courtrooms across the Western world and stand with Geert Wilders and other victims of the Thought Police and reject this stealth movement towards removing our fundamental liberties.
Geert Wilders Speech at court in Amsterdam today
The lights are going out all over Europe. All over the continent where our culture flourished and where man created freedom, prosperity and civilization. Everywhere the foundation of the West is under attack.
Read the rest of this article…
- IFPS-Canada, Feb 07/11: Geert Wilders speech at court in Amsterdam today (see also: VIDEO (English sub-titles)
- see also: Geert Wilders’ film: Fitna [16:48] (shocking look at relationship between Koranic verses and terrorism)
- IFPS-Canada, Gary McHale/Mark Vandermaas, Jan 24/11: Dr. King’s ‘Letter from Birmingham Jail’ vs. Denmark’s thought crime prosecutions: a blueprint for victory over appeasement of Islamic extremism
- VoiceofCanada, Jan 31/11: Victory for Lars Hedegaard, not so much for Danish free speech
Speaking about free speech, it looks like the British Prime Minister David Cameron is getting the message that ordinary British citizens aren’t going to sit still while the government enables Muslim extremists and silences opposition to their hateful ideology:
- Elisabeth Sabaditsche-Wolff, Feb 05/11: Speech to English Defence League, Luton, England
- see also: Elisabeth Sabaditsche-Wolff speech at IFPS event, Copenhagen, Denmark, Nov 2010: Standing Against the New Totalitarianism
- UK Prime Minister’s office, Feb 05/11: PM’s speech at Munich Security Conference
- The Telegraph, Feb 04/11: The days of doing deals with Muslim extremists are over
- London Free Press, Feb 05/11: Multiculturalism has failed in Britain: Cameron [PDF]
- Moose & Squirrel, Feb 06/11: EDL Luton March
- ITN News video, posted Feb 05/11: PM blames multiculturalism for Islamic extremism (h/t Blazing Cat Fur)
- JihadWatch, Feb 11/11: Sarkozy latest to declare multiculturalism a failure
Mark Vandermaas, Editor